Helping Patients & Families Cope with Stress & Depression
Our consult-liaison service provides access to behavioral health assessment and treatment for patients and families coping with medical hospitalization.
Common Reasons for Consultation
- Patients with urgent mental health crises
- Evaluation and treatment of behavioral health issues that are impacting medical treatment
- Treatment of organic disease that is affecting mental status
- Treatment of physical symptoms that are affected by a psychiatric condition
- Evaluation and recommendations for eating problems
When to Seek Consult-Liaison Services
The consult-liaison team is available to patients currently admitted at Children’s Hospital. If you believe your child would benefit from psychiatric or psychological care, please discuss this with your primary medical or surgical team.