About Our Psychology Department
Our Pediatric Psychology team provides evidence-based, comprehensive evaluations and treatments for cognitive, emotional, and other behavioral problems occurring in childhood and adolescence.
Issues We Treat
While it can be challenging to pinpoint the issue your child or adolescent is facing due to the nature of their age, our staff works diligently to help them find the underlying issues. We also work to get the treatment they need for a better quality of life. Our expertise includes, but is not limited to:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Cognitive disorders
- Medical psychology and psychopharmacology
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Adjustment to chronic disease
- Neuropsychological assessment
- Behavioral adjustment and emotional problems of childhood
- Integration of medical and behavioral symptoms focusing on issues such as adherence and pain management.
Services You Can Find with the Pediatric Psychology Staff
Working with a child psychologist is essential for children and adolescents with emotional and behavioral disorders. Psychological issues are addressed with emphasis on the complex relationships existing between your young family members, their families, and the health care system as a whole. Pediatric Psychology’s services include:
- Comprehensive Diagnostic Evaluations
- Consultation with other professionals
- Outpatient Interdisciplinary Medical Clinics
- Inpatient Consultation & Liaison Services
Reach Out to Our Pediatric Psychology Team Today
Getting assistance with your child or adolescent’s cognitive, emotional, and other behavioral problems early is the best way to get the treatment they need. Children’s Hospital New Orleans Behavioral Health Center offers this with our stellar team of Pediatric Psychology professionals. Please reach out today and schedule an appointment with us and allow us to help give your children the required tools to take on any challenge presented with healthy options. We’re here for you and your family.